Sunday, November 19, 2006

it's always nice to confirm...

... that there are folks in the world WAY nerdier than me:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/fun.games/11/19/nintendo.wii.ap/index.html

Sure, I may be nerdy in the extreme... I may be whiter than sour cream... I may have been in A/V club and Glee Club and, yes, even the chess team... but I feel confident that I am still way more functional in society than this guy:

"The first buyer, Isaiah Triforce Johnson, had been waiting outside the store for more than a week. He wore a Nintendo Power Glove, a wearable controller that came out in 1989, while shaking hands with Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. Johnson said he had legally changed his name to include a reference to Nintendo's 'Zelda' series of games."

or this guy:

"The first to buy the system at midnight was Jonathan Mann, 24, who was dressed in red overalls and a cap like the Mario character from 'Super Mario Bros.'
'I'm a little delirious. I've been up for about 40 hours straight. But I've got it in my hands now and it feels good,' said Mann, adding that he has written more than 40 songs about the console for his gaming Web site, gamejew.com. His song titles include 'Wii Means You and Me' and 'The Wind Whispers Wii.'"

Yikes.

2 comments:

Some Guy said...

Hmm, just scrolled through the other pics in the article and now I see that Isaiah "Triforce" Johnson is not, in fact, white. He also doesn't LOOK particularly nerdy, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that anyone named "Triforce" is probably still, despite appearances, a member of the "Hold your 40, I'll just have an Earl Grey tea" contingent.

^kat^ said...

I totally want to hear "The Wind Whispers Wii."