Sunday, September 17, 2006

Scattered musings on life and roller coasters

Okay, true to form, I am once again having a crisis of mental well-being. So I'm eliciting your help. I am currently unnerved by the following issues:

1. My looming age and the fact that I really want a baby;
2. My sagging income and the fact that I really want a house;
3. My doomed good looks and the fact that I really want a husband.

Let's focus on the third for a moment. The issue isn't so much that I want a husband as that I really just want someone to follow me around all day and absorb all my memories. I'm convinced this would make me substantially less lonely. (Aside: this is not to say that I am a walking, talking pathetic lonely individual, but lonely as your average person goes). Is this totally insane? I just find it horrendously depressing that we go through life, move, change venues, meet new people, stop sharing our lives with the old ones, and the result is basically that no one really knows you over the longterm! Is anyone else troubled by this?

In lighter news: I just found out that Dollywood has an AWESOME policy whereby if you enter the park after 3pm, you get the whole next day free! Isn't that awesome? I also found out that there are discounts for military families, so that might be worth looking into also.

st

1 comment:

^kat^ said...

I've decided I'm going to solve the institutional memory problem by having more than one child someday, but the problem is that I STILL don't feel old enough to have children of my own. Never mind the fact that 24-year-olds everywhere have kids every day--in this instance I feel 19 and I think I'll feel 19 for a long time to come. You know--old enough to be "adult" and "responsible," but still way too young to even consider the whole settling down and starting a family thing, let alone buying a house. So, basically, I want nothing of what you crave, Dani, but I wish you all the best in making it happen for yourself. That mobile dishwasher thing does seem a step in the right direction, though. Mo' appliances = mo' stability, I think.

Re: Dollywood--kick-ass. That woman knows how to show a tourist a good time, fo' shure.