Sunday, February 18, 2007

Belated story to share

... even though I have many other things I should be doing, and this is old news by now, I figured I'd let you all know I was alive and blogging by relating the following dialogue from the recent recruitment weekend for my neuroscience program.

I am pretty sure this constitutes the absolute high point of my life thus far. It occurred last Saturday night at Barcelona between me and a female recruit whose name I never learned, but whom we shall call Reasonably Attractive Asian Recruit (RAAR) for the sake of the dialogue:

Me: So, then there was the summer that I spent in Winston-Salem working for the Hanes underwear catalogue...
RAAR: (COMPLETELY SERIOUS) So, were you, like, an underwear model?

This actually happened. I have witnesses.

2 comments:

ericat13 said...

oh my. and to think miss jumps-to-conclusions will be applying her sub-par deductive reasoning skills to brain research...

^kat^ said...

huh. well, that can also be your opening line with Britney, I suppose.