Thursday, January 25, 2007

crossposted from my other blog for matt's benefit

It's official. Music class = the best law school class ever.

Why? Because my reading for tomorrow (portions of Rockonomics) contains an extended quote from (Semisonic drummer) Jake Slichter's masterpiece, So You Wanna Be a Rock & Roll Star.

Coincidentally, I read that book nearly two years ago, while visiting the law school for Admitted Students Weekend. It's a phenomenal piece of work about the music industry and you should all read it yourselves, if you haven't already.

And *I* should finish my reading for tomorrow. But seriously? I LOVE THIS CLASS. It's like getting class credit for doing the stuff I do normally.

I'm totally pulling one over on the administration. (Shhh, don't tell.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's actually Music, Copyright & Digital Technology, but I like calling it music class, because it sounds more fun that way. :D

Anonymous said...

well, only in the sense that it never really left; I'm definitely still interested in this stuff. But I'm not sure if I'm more interested in theoretical discussions about the music industry as opposed to actually DOING the law, writing contracts and stuff. :)

Some Guy said...

Belated comment from he for whose benefit this post ostensibly was: That's pretty awesome.

MJ, pretty sure his readings on prefrontal cortex tonight are unlikely to contain the writings of ANY member of Semisonic