Saturday, January 06, 2007

Did people already know...

... that actor/musician Jason Schartzman (of Rushmore and Phantom Planet fame) is the son of Talia Shire (Adrian from the Rocky movies)? And that Talia Shire is the sister of Francis Ford Coppola? Making Jason Schartzman the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola, as well as the cousin of Nic Cage and Sofia Coppola? I did not know that.

In other news, I wish I had some tidbit of trivia about one of the stars of Fame, so that I could refer to them as So-and-So, of Fame fame.

But I don't.

(In fact, looking at the movie's page on Wikipedia, I don't actually recognize the names of any of the actors. Seeing as the movie is in fact called Fame, I'd say that's what we call irony.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, if you want to expand your definition a bit, janet jackson (you know, sister of michael) was a regular on season 4 of "fame" the TV show, which began in 1982.

as for the movie, I am SHOCKED that you missed the credit for Anne Meara, of "wife to jerry stiller and mother of ben" fame. from the expanded cast list, I also recognize Debbie Allen (choreographer, director, and producer), Isaac Mizrahi (fashion designer) and Meg Tilly (moderately well-known actress) as an unnamed "dancer." while many of the movie's stars now fall in the "where are they now?...eh, never mind" category, it's nice to see that a few of the lesser characters seemed to make a name for themselves down the line.

but no, I had no clue about jason schwartzman. who knew?

Some Guy said...

Yeah... I actually did see Anne Meara, but I decided not to include her as famous for our purposes here since I don't think most people of our generation would have any idea who she is.

As for the rest... never heard of Meg Tilly, Debbie Allen only vaguely rings a bell... and I don't know how far down the cast list one wants to go before before they don't really count any more.

Actually, if you are really judging the Fame->actual fame transition, giving points for both importance in Fame and later actual fame, I think the winner is Richard Belzer.