Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm in song love

I stumbled across this song in a totally unrelated podcast about an hour ago, and between replaying it in the podcast, looking for videos of it on youtube and finally downloading the mp3, I've heard it at least ten times since then...and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. so yeah, in true me style, it's taken me months to realize that a musician who was recommended to me (by you, matt?) is truly awesome, and now I'm seriously considering canceling my existing plans for march 30 so I can go see him (with paul and storm!) in NYC. who wants to join? (^k^, don't you need to look for apartments/drink at mory's sometime this spring? hm...)

the object of my obsession:


2 comments:

Some Guy said...

I do know the wonder that is Jonathan Coulton (mainly from "Code Monkey," which if you do not know you should go listen to posthaste), but I believe ^kat^ was first on the bandwagon, and it was she who had/mentioned/something the Thing-A-Week CDs at some point.

Also, just FYI, March 30 is ALSO the release date of Blades of Glory, starring Will Ferrell, Jon Heder, and Will Arnett... and I for one am going to be hard-pressed to tear myself away from that one. Unless the reviews say it REALLY blows.

^kat^ said...

yes, I WAS first on the bandwagon, thankyouverymuch. (oh, alas, if only Erica ever listened to me... *sob*) worst of all? I missed the Coulton/P&S Juggernaut when it rolled through Chicago last November because I was finishing my journal comment. BOO. My parents went to the Dayton version and said it was fantastic, so do NOT miss seeing them together if you can.

But ex-SQUEEZE me, Erica, have you ever heard of Wigmore Follies? That's what I'll be doing on Mar 30. and 31. :D