Tuesday, March 20, 2007

YouTube awards

Just thought I'd post the link so you can check out the nominees (and, as of Friday [I think], the winners):

http://www.youtube.com/ytawards

I haven't looked at everything yet... but I was not that blown away by the entries I've looked at so far in the comedy category (though "Ben takes a photo of himself everyday" is pretty decent if you get the reference of the parody). Several old standbys are there, including the Chad Vader videos and of course the original OK Go treadmill video.

On the one hand, I have to say that, with how incredibly easy it is to make cool movies on a Mac these days, I'm a little disappointed that all of the entries aren't spectacular. On the other hand, this gives me hope that I could do at least as well as these people. If only I had a little more spare time....

No comments: