Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Congratulations to ^kat^, but more importantly...

... bacon salt is pretty tasty.

They have it in Stop & Shops in CT. It's about $4 for a little jar, which I guess is on par with other spices and such, more or less. It's all sea salt plus various other spices... so no calories or anything like that.

I just had a bowl of popcorn with it and it was pretty darn good. I would not say it is 100% baconlike -- although probably part of that is that you don't really expect things that aren't bacon to taste like bacon -- but I'd estimate it as being 75% like bacon and maybe 25% like the barbecue stuff they put on barbecue potato chips.

All in all, a very worthwhile experience... I'm going to try it on some eggs in the morning if I manage to get up early enough.

If you all don't get around to trying it yourselves, remind me and I'll take it with me on our amusement park trip... if there's any left by then.

BTW, speaking of the amusement park trip, I hear that there is a rollercoaster-like thing mounted on the outside of some hotel in Vegas? Have people heard of this? No time to look it up now (I have to present my thesis prospectus to my committee in the morning... so juuuust enough time for bacon salt posts, but not enough for Vegas building coaster research). I mainly mention this so I can use the "rollercoaster" tag with impunity. Also, I have just started watching the Sopranos finally, and it's pretty good. And although bacon salt is pretty awesome, I shan't be tagging it as much since "awesome" is already overused.

I also bought bananas tonight, and I have an enormous penis.

1 comment:

^kat^ said...

yeah, there totally is a rollercoaster on top of the Stratosphere--or, at least, there was, but now it appears they took it out and put in a giant mechanical arm that spins you off the edge, which is probably even freakier. They still have the big drop spire on top and the ca-chunk ca-chunk thing (because that's the noise it made when we were inside) that dangles you over the edge and pulls you back up ("X-Scream," I believe). I didn't ride any of them when I was there in aught-three because it was fucking COLD and there was no way I was going outside 1000 feet in the air... but if it's not snowing the next time I'm/we're in Vegas, I'm so there.