Thursday, April 27, 2006

Time to Quality Ratios

Premise 1:

It is the night before your paper is due

Premise 2:

Your paper is due at noon

Premise 3:

You are tired

Premise 4:

The paper is only 4 pages written; it is 9:30pm, and you are exhausted but still need to write another 8-11 pgs.

Conclusion:

Go to sleep, wake up in the morning, eat rolos for breakfast, and proceed to write one of the best papers of your academic career.

Now explain to me why it is that the time to quality ratio varies in different disciplines. Could I have done this with a theology paper? No. But a history paper--yes! Why do I not study history? And by the way, if you ever want to know about Shaker worship....ask me.

Two additional points:
1. When do our posts start appearing on google if you google them? I googled the blog and it came up. But nothing on it came up, like if you google a phrase or something. Does that not happen? What's the deal?
2. I don't know about that tampon thing, Erica. I donated tampons in CT, CA, and NY and kept dragging the heart into the little house (which I found terribly challenging) and every time it just took me to a thank you page. So is there a limit? Or are tampons donated ad infinitum? And what if the women use pads instead? Is this pad discrimination?

Excuse my moment of total exhortation for which you can hate me until you too are in a similar situation but:

I'M DONE WITH MY DEGREE!!!!!!!!!!!


Behold, my gleeful joy:


Now behold my anticipated reaction from you:


Hey, Erica, it's THURSDAYEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


SocialTrinity

2 comments:

^kat^ said...

this is my favorite blog post yet. I LOL'D!

ericat13 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I was going to post that I'm officially DONE with one of my classes (wheeeee), but you win. I also award you mad props for learning how to include photos AND use the owl site. we're so proud of you :-D