Friday, June 16, 2006

why is no one else worried?

am I the only person weirded out by this?

horrible, horrible fashion trend is back...and this time it's personal

I mean...it's just...WTF??? did we NOT spend the last 15 years destroying old photographs and laughing at middle-aged moms and otherwise trying to forget that we all once wore these and thought we looked stylin' when in fact we were wearing jeans that, for pete's sake, looked AWFUL on everyone???!1 I laughed when they said leg warmers were back, and I thought they were kidding when the old-school velcro reebok high-tops briefly came back into style, but...TAPERED JEANS?? with ZIPPERS AT THE BOTTOM???1?

I'm too old for this.

2 comments:

^kat^ said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO

"Goodbye boot-cut, relaxed fit, and - gasp - flared leg. It's time for jeans to get lean."

I feel like I need to run out and buy up Gap's selection of boot cut pants RIGHT NOW. I f'ing HATE skinny jeans. I soooo much prefer (and look darn fine in) WIDE LEG PANTS. BOO.

^kat^ said...

Addendum: Lucky Jeans is having a 50% off sale right now, so I got myself some new pants this afternoon en route to school to pick up some Lexis printouts. And the legs? Flared! Take THAT, fashionistas.