Sunday, June 25, 2006

you know, I remember seeing this years ago when I didn't know who half these people were.


okay, springsteen on conan seems to be gone (siiiiigh), but this is what comes up if you search youtube for "bruce" and "conan," and it's ALMOST as good (and by "good" I mean "funny, but a little more 'funny painful' than 'funny ha ha'")...btw, can anyone identify the dude in the "I'm made for a better world" t-shirt? I have no clue who he is or why he was deemed worthy of sharing a set with paul reiser AND heavy D. I mean, HONestly...


**update -- the conan video DOES work! for some reason it kept skipping to the "share this video" screen and I couldn't skip backwards or forwards in the video, but let the whole thing load and it should play just fine. and yes, kat, I agree -- WOO. I have a new goal in life: to play in a 30-member band, including a full brass section and jimmy fallon on spoons. (rowr.)

4 comments:

^kat^ said...

I've NEVER seen this before, and WOW. That's a little piece of history that I'm glad has found a place of eternal fame on the internet. I mean, I'm never going to watch it again, but the fact that it's out there? I respect that.

I think the "I'm Made for A Better World" guy is Harry Connick Jr., btw. cut him some slack, y0--he might not have had his guest-starring role on Will and Grace yet, but he's a'ight to hang with Denis Leary and Gilbert Gottfried.

ericat13 said...

actually, I think (after way more web-searching than necessary) it's grant show from melrose place -- I couldn't find any references to harry connick being in the video, and this grant guy was the only person I saw mentioned in connection with the muppet album who looks anything like the guy in the video.

I need a life, don't I? yikes.

Some Guy said...

That is pretty awesome... but I think it says something about me that I really only recognize the old, uncool people in the video and not any of those who were supposed to be "hip" and recognizable to actual teenagers in 1994, which I was at that time.

Also, how much does it suck to be Paula Poundstone and have your appearance crammed into a panel at the end?

^kat^ said...

THAT's who that was! I knew I recognized that woman in the wacky suspenders, but I couldn't put a name to her face. aha!

And I've never heard of Grant Show. I think Ozzy was already showing elements of his future reality-show stardom in this clip, though--look how the camera loves him! Look how often he reappears! He's kind of like a muppet himself, so it's fitting.