Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cake frontman John McCrea interviewed on NPR

For those who (like me) missed it about a year ago, a very intelligent interview with John McCrea of Cake is to be found here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4482730

He gets 10,000 bonus points from me for using the words "mercurially" and "boobies" in the same interview. It's about 20min, however, so block some time for it.

There's also another interview linked from the same page, but I have not yet listened due to time constraints. Later tonight, mayhaps.

1 comment:

^kat^ said...

ha! ok, this is funny... in my infinite distractedness, I guess I clicked on the OTHER link and listened to it. Not a bad interview, but the interviewer is kind of smarmy and annoying, and I get the sense John McCrea didn't want to be there. Also, it's only 7 minutes long, which is what I was coming on here to point out... when I realized that I heard neither the words "mercurially" nor "boobies" in the interview *I* listened to. Gonna go try that again.

Good quote from this one, though: "It's not happiness that keeps us going, but curiosity about how it will end." I like it.