Wednesday, May 03, 2006

who knew the streets of Cincinnati were so mean?

from my rollingstone.com daily digest:

FOUR IN T.I.'s POSSE SHOT, ONE DEAD

Four members of Atlanta rapper T.I.'s posse were shot in a gun battle on Cincinnati's Interstate 75 early this morning that left one person dead and three injured. According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the feud began at the city's Club Ritz during an after-party for rappers T.I. and YUNG JOC -- who performed earlier that evening at the club Bogart's -- and moved outside, where shots were fired into two vans transporting T.I.'s crew. The identities of the shooting victims (three men, one woman) have yet to be released. T.I.'s latest album, "King," has sold 996,000 copies in its five weeks out, putting it just shy of platinum. The rapper also recently made his movie debut, co-starring in "ATL" with OUTKAST's BIG BOI.

I would like to point out that though I've never attended anything at Club Ritz, I've been to Bogart's often, and this is just beyond bizarre. It's in a crap part of town, though, that's gotten steadily worse over the years, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised.

Oh! in other news, I think I'm going to download my last test in a half-hour! then, 8 hrs later (guh), I'll be done done done with my first year o'law school...

No comments: