Friday, May 05, 2006

I'M BAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!! I just returned from the most horrible retreat, the highlight of which was the drunken homeless woman who awoke me at 1:30 in the morning screaming, "Open the door! Let me in you a*^(&*#s!" It went on for half an hour!

So to update:

1. I have not had time to practice my alphabet speed skills, and it seems like you've all surpassed me, but I have taken up Latin as a summer enterprise: Sine philosophia non valemus. You get bonus points for translation.

2. I was supposed to move my furniture on Saturday because a friend wanted it. She now has decided to move into a furnished apartment, leaving my furniture homeless. I do not need my furniture. What do I do? Throw it away? Donate it to the salvation army? I just can't be bothered with it!

3. Kat B. and I were hoping to housesit for this woman next year, but I think it the furnished place taken my the friends who were supposed to take my furniture might have snatched the housesitting opportunity. This is so ironic because I sent my friend the e-mail saying, "Hey, look at this housesitting thing...maybe you're interested?" Ugh, I totally doomed myself!

4. I hate my life. I think we need to move up our Cedar Point trip. How does June work for everyone?

SocailTrinity

3 comments:

ericat13 said...

june might be problematic, but if you guys pick a couple of weekends that might work, I can ask my job if I can duck out for a day or so. let me know...

^kat^ said...

1. Does that mean without thought we aren't worth anything? I'm not sure if "philosophia" translates literally or not. I had a dalliance with Latin once upon a time, but it's been over 10 years, so I don't remember much beyond "amo, amas, amat..."

2. A lot of those places generally will take it off your hands for you if you decide to donate. I would probably go that route. More warm fuzzies that way.

3. I don't think I understand. Who wha huh?

4. June--can't do the weekend of the 10th, but I could probably do just about any other weekend. Judicial practicum = flexible. One of my classmates was actually talking about Cedar Point last night at Bar Review! Now that my exams are over, I'm allowed to start getting excited about summer. Whee.

Some Guy said...

0. That's amazing.

1. At least in Greek, "philosophia" literally means "love of knowledge" but I think it generally means "philosophy" in the sense of the ancient philosophers (a.k.a. philosophy/science/math/everything vaguely academic). I once campaigned to teach myself ancient Greek based on the book I bought for $4 in Barnes and Noble... perhaps I should pick that up again.

2. More warm fuzzies, plus you can deduct it from your taxes, up to $500 worth.

3. Agree with Kat. Que? Does this mean you and Banakis are homeless next year, for the moment?

4. Sorry to hear about your life. June is pretty much all free for me.